Date: 12. May 2023
Time to read: 1 min
Veronica's Cup powered by I feel Slovenia, the biggest international archery competition in Europe, where more than 300 archers from 30 countries are to compete against each other, will be held in Slovenia from 12 to 14 May 2023.
The event will begin on Friday at the shooting range next to the Kamnik football field, and will culminate with duels between teams and individuals on Sunday in the Arboretum Volčji Potok. The special feature of the competition, which is important with regard to the world ranking of archers, is that it only lasts three competition days.
According to Kamnik Archery Club (LKK Kamnik), which organises the event, the competition is even more attractive to foreigners due to its magnificent views of the Kamnik-Savinja Alps.
The Kamnik Archery Club has extensive experience in organising large competitions, as it has already hosted the European individual and junior indoor championships, the European junior outdoor championship, and six successful editions of Veronica's Cup. Among others, the 2020 Tokyo Olympic champion, Mete Gazoz from Turkey, and the former world champion, Denamrk’s Maja Jager, have participated in the competition.
- The competition is based on providing equal opportunities for all competitors, both top class and beginners, to compete on the same range, under the same conditions, and to fight for the same prizes. Photo: Miro Hrkalovič
- Veronica's cup 2022. Photo: Miro Hrkalovič
- More than 300 archers from 30 countries are to compete against each other. Photo: Miro Hrkalovič
- Slovenian archer Ana Umer. Photo: Miro Hrkalovič
- Slovenian archer Aljaž Matija Brenk. Photo: Miro Hrkalovič
- Slovenian archers Aljaž Matija Brenk and Toja Ellison. Photo: Miro Hrkalovič
The organisers of the competition also invite you to a variety of accompanying events. On Friday, children from kindergartens in Kamnik can try their hand at the shooting range, and on Sunday, a "try archery" workshop will be held between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. in the Arboretum Volčji Potok next to the shooting range, where visitors can try shooting with a bow.
At the same time, a competition on who hits closer to the bullseye will take place. The winner (or several winners) will receive an award: a free archery course at Kamnik Archery Club.
According to the organisers of the international competition, the aim of Veronica’s Cup is to bring the experience of participating in international competitions to home soil, as the club's mission is to train top athletes.
More information on website veronicas-cup.org